Sunday, August 3, 2008

DIXIE'S HERE!!! And I LOVE her. She's a big sweetheart, exactly what her raiser/BC said...Can be spastic when you need her to be, but also can be mellow when you need her to be. She'll be perfect for my vacation. She will need a lot of exercise, (she's got lots of energy) and I'll be able to give it to her. (That is, once we get there. I won't be able to offer her much exercise on the 20 hour drive up there.)

I LOVE having two dogs. I definately want to own two once I am on my own. There is QUITE the size difference between Blitz and Dixie. Blitz isn't necessarily big, he's only a little over 60 pounds, but Dixie is TINY. I've always thought I like the big dogs a lot better, but it's kinda nice to have a petite girl. I guess I like both. :)


This past weekend (saturday) we went to the fair. We were there all day for my sister's "Academic Rodeo." It was for junior highers, and MAN were those questions hard! I probably knew the answers to about 50% of them, and they were answering them like they were easy. It was jeapordy style, with buzzers and everything. There were four kids on each team. Once a team has answered one of the group questions (one that anyone can answer) they have three minutes to answer 20 questions. Our team got through eighteen, but only got about 12 right. After all the schools had done the question part was the spelling bee. This was our first year and we didn't know what to expect, so we didn't study right. We put to much studying in the trivia part, and not enough in the spelling bee. We did okay, but the spelling bee gets you about half your points if you win. Whatever team the winner of the bee is from wins the competition, no matter how well they did with the trivia. We had two kids out in the second round, but the other two (EXCELLENT spellers) got really far. One of them got out after like 7 rounds, the other lasted until there were only four people left. (There were 36 people competing. 9 teams, with 4 kids on each.)

Blitz wasn't too impressed with it, but he found a friend! (Look in the background of this picture...)

His name is Boo (Boom??) and he's an 8 month old labrador retriever from GDB. His raisers daughter was on one of the other teams. (Her daughter was a brilliant speller!! She got into the last five I think. She's in 6th grade.) Anyway, it was fun to talk with them.

Lol, we watched "Valentine's Performing Pigs." They were SO cool! I officially am in love with miniature pigs. Blitz was pretty interested too.

You can see the pig in the background here.

Oh, just one more thing. I got my GPS today!!! Yay, I'm excited. It's a Garmin eTrex, but I need to wait for the PC adaptor to come before I can start geocaching. It's on the way, and should be here before I go on vacation. I've been looking, and there are ALOT on the island I used to live on. I guess because it's so rural it's an ideal place for geocaching. We're visiting, so I should be able to find a few there. I'll also be going down to Cannon Beach, and I've looked there, there are some interesting ones there, including a travel bug who's going south. So, I'll be able to help there. :) Oh, we're also going to Spokane. Haven't checked there yet though. Before I go I'll be checking everywhere. I should set a goal...Hmm, since I'm just a starter, my goal will be...10 geocaches. I'll be doing lots of other things, so I don't want to set it too high. :)

5 days left with Blitz.

4 comments:

Jake and Joanna said...

Dixie is SUCH a sweet girl! And SO small!! Enjoy her!! Enjoy your last few days with Blitz as well!!! I'm really going to miss seeing him!!!

Natalie said...

Aww Dixie's adorable! Have fun on your trip and as Joanna said, enjoy your last few days with Blitz :)

Anna said...

Ahh...Dixie's adorable! Glad you love her so much :)

P.S. It's "Boone"...he was born Nov. 16th, 2007.

Elizabeth and Peyton said...

Hey, that GDB dog is pretty cute, and so is Dixie. Guess what? I am also a cacher and have a Garmin eTrex too!