So, it's been a while since I've updated. :)
We went camping! I didn't know we were going until right before I had Belle, and I had already committed to it. So, I had her for two days and then had to find somewhere else for her to go until her raisers got back. So, I went to the trusty raisers, the Jewells. Seems like they're always there when you have a raiser-need. I called them, asked them if they would mind having a sixteen week old pup for two days, and five minutes later was at their house dropping her off. I then had to get a hold of Belle's raisers, which was pretty hard considering they were camping and out of range. But everything worked out great in the end, and the Jewells loved having Belle.
Anyway...With Miss Belle "out of the way" (As if!! I love that puppy.), we had a fantastic time camping. We had the closest campsite to the beach, because my sister broke her leg and can't walk far. So, we could easily get there. There was also a lagoon, so we could play there too. Blitz is so funny...We got there on the first day and he went crazy on the beach. He had to stay on leash, and it was a short leash, (urg, I forgot the long-lead) but I ran around with him and he tired himself out. The second day he didn't want to do anything but lie around the campsite. The third day he went crazy again. The fourth day he slept again. It's like for every burst of energy he has he needs a day to sleep. He's so strange. On one of the energetic days we were just walking on the beach, (not heeling) and we saw a big flock of seagulls. Blitz saw them, looked up at me, looked at them, then looked at me again. He didn't pull on the leash or anything, just sort of "asked." He's chased birds before but is easy to control around them with his jacket and such on. So, I looked back at him, said "okay!" and he was OFF. (With me slowing him down, poor thing. I can't run quite as fast as him, lol. Now this is where the long line would have come in handy.)
I wanted this to be a vacation for Blitz too, so he actually never wore the jacket the whole time. There were some socialization opportunities, (a bridge that even I was scared to walk on...A grate type thing...) but I didn't try to make him do a whole lot. Ya, the occassional sit, down whatever, but not for training, just because I needed him to at the time. Lol, but he DID get quite a bit of "no people food" training. We went camping with another family, and I actually saw one of the other families young boys (he's four) try to feed Blitz a graham cracker. Blitz refused it! YAY!!! I'm so happy. Of course I corrected the little boy, told him not to feed him any more, but I'm proud of my boy. We've done a lot of training with my little brothers, but as far as I know he's never had a real-life experience.
And today was graduation. It was awesome. There were 5 yellow labs, (Which is pretty uncommon! We don't have many yellows, so it's normally the blacks that dominate.) 2 black labs, and 2 golden retriever/poodle crosses. (Also pretty uncommon! We just don't have many of those at ALL.) 3 of the "D" litter graduated, and one of their sisters (who is a breeder) went into heat that morning. So that's pretty cool...They're all doing their jobs. :) One of Harley's siblings also graduated. This We sat next to the Jewells, and Blitz and Tanner were SO cute through the ceremonies. They're sponsored by the same people, and look a little bit alike. We got pictures, but I need them to be emailed to me. I'll try to post them when I get them.
After graduation, we chatted a bit then left for the Jewells house. They were my ride, and they were having a party after graduation, so wanted to be the first ones to their house. We got there at about noon, and I didn't leave until 5. I was the first there and last to leave. The dogs had lots of fun, but actually didn't play a whole lot. After about a half hour they all zonked out, occassionally chewing on each other. I figure that this is because all of the "problem children" were in time-outs with their raisers. :) Ugh, Blitz didn't go into the pool ALL afternoon, but then decided to get completely submurged just 5 minutes before we left. Thanks Blitz, real convenient there.
There you go! There's your update. :)
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
YAy for updating!!! I kinda wish I had gone to the party after hearing about it from both you and Mindy. oh well! :)
Glad to hear an update! Sounds like you and Blitz both had a good time camping! :D
Yay for Blitz being good camping! I usually have my dogs out of jacket during camping, too.
Sounds like a fun time!! I've never been camping with a PIT..I'll have to try it sometime!
Post a Comment