Thursday, July 3, 2008

Puppy meeting...And some news.

Yesterday we went to the annual puppy potluck at GDA! The staff broke out the puppy pools in the off-leash area, and the dogs had a BLAST. Blitz was being really restless when we first got there, not to mention naughty. He kept trying to play with the other dogs, WITH HIS JACKET ON! He normally does fine with the jacket on. As soon as he got into the off-leash area, he started running back and forth, dipping himself into each pool as he passed. There were three pools, set up down the run, and he'd jump in and out, head for the next one, and so on, then turn around and repeat the process. He didn't want to play with the dogs OUT of the pool, but if they came into them, by all means, let's play! After a ten minute session he was calmer, then we went back in and about five minutes later he was tired, and asking to go out of the off-leash area. After that, we went to talk to Ella's raisers. (Ella is Blitz's sister, as you may remember.) We also ran into AJ, another sibling of theirs. AJ is absolutely ginormous, at least 4 or 5 inches taller than Blitz. (And Blitz is fairly big.) AJ is also going IFT on August 9th. :-( Ella is still on breeder watch, so she probably won't go in, unless she's taken off of breeder consideration in the next few weeks.

Today Blitz is at Disneyland with Cheri, who has Darcy. Darcy's a breeder now, so she can't go to Disneyland anymore.

Now for the bad news. My dad has told me that I can't get another puppy right after Blitz. In fact, I won't be able to get a puppy until after this school year is over. The reasons are kind of complicated...I made the announcement on a forum I'm on, and filled two pages answering peoples questions about why I'm not going to raise for another year. BUT I will be able to puppy sit! I'm going to tell Louise to call me any time there's a dog who needs puppy sat. I hope to get "in between" dogs, dogs who are IFT and have to go to a home for a bit, or just pups who need sat. Really, any dog will be fine. No, they won't be mine, but it's better than nothing.

For now, I'm enjoying Blitz.

3 comments:

Jake and Joanna said...

oh I'm glad Blitz went to Disneyland with Cheri. :)

I'm sorry you can't raise right after Blitz goes IFT!!! But hopefully the year will pass quickly and you can get a new bundle of furry joy SOON!!

P.S. That'd be SOO cool if you could take home some IFT dogs!!!

Emily said...

That's a bummer you won't be able to raise when Blitz goes IFT, but at least you get to do some puppy sitting! Enjoy your time left with him :)

Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

I'm so sorry you can't raise after Blitz! But at least you'll still be involved, and then be able to raise your own after a year! Enjoy your last little bit of time with your boy. :)