Sunday, November 16, 2008

Opinions!!!

Ah, I need your guys' input! Wait, or right away??



Okay, perhaps I should explain. :)



This morning I was casually browsing craigslist, and saw THIS ad.

"hi - I adopted a great small/medium sized dog to be my companion/service dog. I don't have the strength I used to have to socialize him and it seems he has suffered some trauma in an earlier situation that makes him go a bit loo loo in public. I have a don't pull harness, a gentle leader head collar, I need a generous, gentle, positive reinforcement type trainer who will work this 2 yr. old terrier guy - although he is amazingly calm in the house, he needs exercise (duh) but training not to react to other dogs or people so that I can then take him into public situations to continue his training/lifestyle. If you think you may be the one to help me please get in touch. Thanks"

I've been emailing her today, and she says she basically needs someone to take her dog for 1 or 2 months and just get it used to public places, dogs, and people. Sounds a bit like puppy raising, doesn't it?? :) I would just get him to the point where he could pass the Public Access Test.

Anyway, I need your guys' opinion...Should I help this gal out with her dog and THEN get another pup from GDA, or should I just get a puppy from GDA? It feels like this is from God...I mean, come on...The morning after my parents told me I could raise again I just happened to see this ad. She seems like she definitely wants me to do it...So...Thoughts??? Ooh, also, another pro to taking this would be that I can't make it to any puppy meetings (except for the big Christmas one) until February. I would not like to have a puppy from GDA without going to puppy meetings...I did that with Blitz, and it was not a pleasant experience. It would be even worse with a young pup.

What'dya think??

The news we've all been waiting for!!

Some of you have already heard this, but for those who have not....

Okay, so I'm pretty sure you all know about the fires. I was going up to Bakersfield for the day for two mock-trial scrimmages, and thought all the fires did to effect me was made my trip longer. (Since a lot of the roads were closed.) At about 10 AM, while I was still on my way, I got a call from the Jewel's asking if I could take some puppies that were being evacuated. I had no idea GDA was being evacuated 'til then, and quickly called my mom to ask if I could take some. She said yes, we could take two. I told the Jewel's that, but then later in the day they called back and said (thankfully!) GDA actually had more volunteers than puppies, so they were actually sending some people home empty-handed. I was glad all the pups were safe, but secretly kinda disappointed I didn't get a pup. ;)

Okay, now the big news...I guess, while I was at Bakersfield, after I called, that got mom and dad talking about puppy raising. I got home at about midnight, and they started talking to me.

"Hey Kasey,"

I knew this was going to be big...

"Your mom and I have been talking,"

uh oh...

"and we've decided"

at this point, just from my dad's face I could see what was coming. A smile started to form on my face.

"to let you get another puppy."

YAHOOO!!! I was so excited, and obviously still am. I don't know how I'll get through these next few days. (I obviously have to wait a bit, because of the fires and all.)

Just wanted to share that EXCITING news with y'all! I'm ecstatic!!!