Friday, July 18, 2008

So, now it's official. :)

I got this in my mail box today...

Dear Kasey,

Well, the time is here. The day you've been anticipating since you picked up Blitz all those months ago. It is now time for Blitz to come in for training.

We know this is a hard time for you and we would like to try to make it a little easier by inviting you to a Luncheon on August 9, 2008 at 12:00 noon. You will get a chance to meet and talk to the trainers that will be working with Blitz.

This is just a fun day for you and the other puppy raisers for moral support and to say good-bye to your puppy until Graduation Day. After we are done eating, talking and playing, we will walk the dogs down to the kennel where you will be able to put them in their runs.

Please give us a call to let us know that you will be attending or for those of you who cannot make it or prefer to bring in your puppy on a different day, we also need to know.

Please feel free to call at any time and we will let you know how Blitz is doing in his training.

Enclosed you will find a questionnaire to be filled out and brought to the luncheon, along with his Veterinary Medical Record and jacket. If you would like to bring a toy to share with the others, please do so. (Hard rubber toys, Kongs, hard bones would be great!)

Again, thank you for all the love, support and a job well done!

Sincerely,

Louise Henderson
Puppy Program Manager

So yes, I already knew the date, but now it's official. 21 days left.

On Wednesday I went to Ventura's puppy group's pizza/pool party. We sold the most amount of raffle tickets and won the party. It was amazing! Blitz got to play lots, though after about fifteen minutes he was eyeing the dog bed in the corner. The pool was amazing...It was walk in, but Blitz still didn't go any further than what he could stand in. He loves water, so long as he's not actually SWIMMING. He just likes playing submarine.

My dad gave me the final answer: I WILL be able to bring a dog on vacation with me! YES. I've decided to take Dixie, a 2 1/2 year old yellow lab. (She's a breeder) I'm really excited, she sounds like the perfect dog for the trip. Mellow when you need her to be, but can get really goofy off-leash. I'm afraid Blitz would have been pretty boring, because yes, he does play hard, but not for long. There are a lot of places for a dog to play it's heart out where I'm going, so I'm glad Dixie can get really active.

I have Belle again! I LOVE this baby. She's SO cute. She's great at obedience, but like Joanna said, still needs work on the whole heeling concept. We walked over to the DMV today, (Very short walk) and on the way there she was pulling and on the way back she was lagging. Lol, gotta love her though. And she's still only 16 weeks old, so she's got lots of time to improve. She's grown a ton since the last time I had her.

Well, that's all I have for an update now. :)

5 comments:

Lisa and pups said...

Good luck Blitz! Aw.. You'll make an excellent guide!

Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

Aww, I know how you're feeling! But I'm sure Blitz will do awesome! :D

Jake and Joanna said...

Oh Belle. I hope she's doing alright for you today!! Give Blitz a hug for me!! He's such a sweet boy!

Emily said...

I know how you feel. It's hard to have it be 'official'. Good luck to both of you on recall day! I'm sure it will be hard.

Anna said...

Go Blitz! I'm sure he'll just fly through training.