Friday, June 12, 2009

Surprise!!!


Introducing; My New Puppy!!! ^^

But wait...Is it not a boy?? What's it doing with a pink collar and leash, you may ask?

There has been a bit of a mix-up. I was all ready with the name Crusoe and everything. I went to pick up my baby boy puppy; they brought him out, and I was ecstatic. He was soo sweet and cuddly but also clearly independent, wanting to play with his brothers and sisters. I pretty much fell in love right away. We snapped a few pics, tried to busy, (he didn't have to go.) then went home.

I was holding him in the car on the way home, and my cousin (who drove me) asked, sarcastically, "I wonder why even boy dogs have nipples." (My cousin is weird. :) I laughed and turned him over; but something was missing. That's right..."he" was a "she."

This presented a few questions/dilemma's. Would I keep her? Where was Crusoe? Who was *this* puppy? Was there someone who had a boy who was supposed to get a girl? Could I keep her? If I did keep her, I would have to change the name, right? What about all that paperwork I had that said Crusoe? What about the collar with his information on it? What should I be calling her for now?

We agonized over these questions and the possible answers all night, meanwhile crate training/potty training the pup. My cousin and I felt bad for calling the poor thing a boy all day, so we went out and bought her a pink collar and leash to make up for that mistake. :) The next day I called Louise again, and this time she answered. She hadn't gotten my message, and when I told her the news, there was a pause...Then some laughter...Then "Are you kidding?"

She called around, had me check the puppies shave mark, then called me back. She told me I could keep her but that I would have to change her name. No problem; we'd already thought about that. We went with Carley. :) Turns out, there was a Carley who was dropped like, the day before. Perfect timing for a perfect name. (That name SOOO suits this puppy. :)

For all that, I have one TERRIFIC puppy. She's amazing. She woke up once last night, and was quiet the rest of the time. She seems to like her crate. She's always a little wary at first when getting new situations, (when I first got her, I was like..."oh no, a shy one.") but she livens right back up and can get quite boisterous when she's accustomed. Is taking VERY well with the potty training; it may be my imagination, but I think she may kinda understand what "get busy" means. She makes the *cutest* little noises ever; she sounds like a baby pig or something. :) Oh! And she responds VERY well to tone of voice. She was chewing on a toy, then moved to a shoe. I sternly said "leave it," without any physical intervention, and she went back to her toy. When I said "good girl!" to that she wiggled her little butt really fast. :) After a while, she seemed to be thinking. (Maybe it's my imagination again, but I swear she was testing a hypothesis.) She kinda looked at me, looked at the shoe, and then barely put her mouth on it. Again, I vocally corrected her. She went back to her toy, contented. I think I have a smart cookie on my hands. :)

Anyway, enough jabber...Here's what you really want. Pictures! Updates to come when we get more active. I'll probably update tomorrow though, because her brother Colby is coming over to play while his raisers are at the Open House!





4 comments:

Sammy and Westin said...

That little girl is adorable and I am SO glad that you are keeping her :) Carley is a very appropriate name from what you describe!

Lisa and pups said...

So adorable! And, a funny first story! Sounds like this one is going to take you on quite a few memorable adventures! :D

Madison said...

I love her name! It so fun you got to pick a name that suits her! Defiantly an adventure that you'll remember! I'm also glad you get to keep her. I love her new collar/leash...very appropriate!

Natalie said...

That's hilarious! I'm glad you get to keep her, and I absolutely love the name Carley...it suits the little cutie :)