Saturday, August 1, 2009

Almost 15 Weeks Old!


(Sorry the pic isn't very good, I took it on my phone)

I haven't updated at all about Carley since we figured out the whole gender thing! I'm sorry for neglecting this blog...As Sammy said, poor Carley is suffering from "third child syndrome." :)

Carley is coming along *very* well...She is just so darn smart and loving, I kinda feel like I'm cheating. (Ya know what I mean?? Haha) She is so sweet and always willing to please. It's kinda funny, because when we go for walks I'll look down and she'll be staring straight up at me like "Am I walking good, momma??"

I do have one thing that we will *definitely* be working on, and I'm going to be contacting Yvonne about it if I ever see it happen again. She is a very dominant/dog agressive puppy, especially for her age. The first time I let her play with dogs her age I saw the dominance, but it didn't flare up at all so I just watched her carefully. Then, at the Sylmar pool party, she got in a "fight" with her sister. I, being accostomed to the sweet and gentle puppies we turn into guide dogs, am not experienced with this. For now, Karen told me to just take her away from play ever time I see her even start to get too dominant. So far, so good, and I think it should pass. :)

As for socialization, we obviously (because of her age) haven't done too much, mostly just the typical errands, dinner, movies etc. But a couple days ago we went to Santa Barbara for a few things, and while there we went to the Natural History museum. I decided Carley was OK going, and turns out she was fantastic! There wasn't *too* much stimulation, just a whole lot of walking, and she got really tired out. :) That night, my Cousin and I decided to go to a movie, and when we got out of the car at the Theater Carley (I swear) *glared* at me for taking her yet another place. :) She's absolutely adorable.

These next few weeks, I'm sad to say, I will be Carley-less. I'm going on our annual-family-vacation, and she's too young to go. (Not so much each individual thing, it's just too much combined for her little mind. :)) Instead, I will be swapping Carley for Mark, a 9 month old and GINORMOUS black lab. I had him a lot when he was little, and know that he has a fantastic personality. I hate leaving Carley now...I left Blitz at this age for this long, and he was *huge* when I got back! She's just starting that huge growth spurt that gets them into the gangly-stage, and I'll miss it. :( Oh well...

So, next update won't be for 3 weeks. Talk to ya all then!!

No comments: