Monday, November 12, 2007

Santa Rosa, California

Okay...Has anyone else noticed that Santa Rosa is like...THE assistance dog capitol?? They've got the Assistance Dog Institute, Canine Companions for Independence, Loving Paws Assistance Dogs, I mean, the list goes on!! What is it about Santa Rosa?? Does everyone just REALLY like it there or what?? Ya, it wouldn't be as strange if it were the capitol or something, but Santa Rosa?? I probably sound mad, but I'm not...I just think it's interesting!!

Anybody else see this??

8 comments:

Lisa and pups said...

Interesting. Never thought of it before! There must be something really special about Santa Rosa! :)

Sarah and Romeo said...

I never noticed it before....huh...funny.

Jake and Joanna said...

Haha, funny! A couple years ago Alisa and I went on a road trip and while in Santa Rosa, we stopped and toured the places you mentioned. I liked Santa Rosa, it was a cool place!

Jorjan said...

There is a good reason why Santa Rosa is the "capital" of service dog agencies. It is where Dr. Bonnie Bergin lives, who is the originator of the service dog concept. She started Canine Companions in 1975. In 1991 she started the Assistance Dog Institute, which is a college that trains service dog instructors as well as places service dogs. Loving Paws was started by one of her students, although it is no longer in Santa Rosa.

Kasey and Blitz said...

Ah, okay!! I see now. Ya, I was just curious as to the reason!!

Alisa said...

as joanna said, we went and visited all those places a few years ago! gdb is not far from there, either. for a short time, i considered attending the assistance dog institute, but after a quick visit to their campus (like 2 minutes), i had seen enough and knew it wasn't for me :)

Carrie and Waffle said...

It is very interesting coincidence then that Santa Rosa is the location of the Snoopy Museum and Warm Puppy Ice Rink. I visited there after Fun Day at GDB this year. Very cute place - my people made me take lots of photos at the cafe. here is the website. take a look http://www.schulzmuseum.org/

Waffle

Jake and Joanna said...

So Kasey, I saw Blitz at the puppy meeting last night with Stephen. Blitz is HUUUUUUGEE!!!!!!!! I barely recognized him!!! If Stephen hadn't been handling him, I never would have known that was him. What a difference! He looks like a dog now! So big and filled out!!