My mom told me I should bring up the topic of puppy raising again to my dad!! It seems that they talked last night and decided that they would consider it again. Not much, yet so much...
There are LOTS of puppies right now...I would probably get a pup within a few weeks of asking for one.
I was telling myself that it was a good thing that I wasn't getting one for a while, because I can't go to puppy meetings, but after mom told me that, I looked at the calender to see just how many I would actually miss...I would miss 3, maybe only 2...And PERHAPS (if everything happened to work out absolutely perfectly) I would only miss one during the time I had the puppy. That's not too bad at all! I would tell Louise that, but I will also be able to make it to ALL of the monthly Saturday Obedience classes...Which aren't AS important as meetings, but would still kind of make up for missing the meetings.
How I figure I might be able to miss only one, is this...I get the puppy AFTER November 5th, (a puppy meeting day...BTW, I'm basing this off of Sylmar puppy meetings, simply because it works out for me better, and I go to both the Sylmar and Ventura meetings) go to the December 13th meeting, (a saturday) miss the January 7 meeting, and Mock Trial MAY be over by February 4th, so I might be able to go to that meeting.
Anyway...Excited about that!! My mom said dad's main concern is the whole economy thing...We may be selling this house and going renting another house, and a lot of renters aren't too excited about the concept of having a dog in their house. How do you renting-puppy-raisers do it?? My dad doesn't want to find a house perfect for us and then not be able to get it because of a dog. Are most landlords open to PITs??
Anyway...Right now I'm satisfying my puppy-raising-needs with Camry. She can't go with Joanna to work until next week, so I'm her "daycare," so to speak. :)
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Ahhh exciting!!! Fingers crossed for your dad agreeing!! Enjoy Camry :)
Oh, that's so exciting!!! And, yay for being able to watch Camry!
THANKS for watching Camry!!!! She always comes home so tired, so I know she's enjoyed herself. :) And also, that would be SOO exciting if your dad lets you raise a little sooner than expected!!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!!
I really, REALLY hope that you can raise again soon!As you know, I have too much experience in the "I-love-puppy-raising-so-much-and-I'm-going-crazy-because-I-can't-raise-right-now" field. :)
We own our home, so I'm not sure how landlords generally react to puppies-in-training. They SHOULD let them in without a problem, right?
That is such great news for any teen puppy raiser!!!!!
I hope your dad allows you to do another one...what is it about dads and dogs!??!!
Post a Comment