Yay!! That was even more amazing than I thought it would be. I had tons of fun. :) Sorry for the lack of pictures...I got like..two, but they both turned out bad and aren't even worth posting. I'll post the link for the pics GDA posts once they do. :) And...Just wait for the end of the post and see some GREAT news on Blitz!!
I brought Kutter, who is VERY well mannered...Like, nearly perfect. He's just not very affectionate. ;) We showed up at about 5:45, and went to the reception. There was a silent auction with very expensive stuff...It was fun to look and see how little I could afford. :) Then again, I wouldn't have been able to afford the dinner if I hadn't gotten a free ticket! Lol. I'm glad that GDA raised a lot.
At 7:20 we went down for the dinner. I sat at a table with Denise, Mary Lou, Mary Lou's daughter and son-in-law, a puppy raising couple, and a graduate and his wife. They were all great company, and I was happy with my table-mates. :) There were some great speeches, a live auction, (my first! It was amazingly funny, especially since Yvonne (the self-labeled "tough" one) was going around screaming excitedly to get people bidding.) and great food.
After dinner we toured the museum. It was beautiful! I just kept thinking of a friend I have who is in love with cars. :) There was a dance floor, but there're never any guys my age at GDA events. ;) I ended up dancing with Debbie, Jeff, Chiappus, and, my dance partner of choice, Kutter. :)
That morning, I went to GDA's obedience class. It was fun. :) I handled Catalina for a while, but it was the older class, and we started playing a higher-level game. I traded her off for Miss Roxy. (A breeder) As I was walking around once, Joanna took her leash from me and told me that Blitz was waiting for me!! I was so incredibly excited I nearly ran down to where Blitz was. When he saw me, he got excited, the puppy raiser holding him let go of his leash, and we ran into eachothers arms. (hehe...) It was quite the reunion, and I, of course, couldn't keep from tearing up a bit. He's looking good, and is definitely gaining weight, though he still looks skinny. He was there at a vet appointment. And here's the great part...The people he's staying with right now live like...Five miles away! They raised one of Jaylie's brothers. I was very glad I got to see him. I asked them how long they were going to have him, and though she didn't say so, it SEEMS like they MIGHT be considering adopting him. I don't know though...Maybe it's just wishful thinking. How amazing would that be, right??
Anyway...That's my exciting news!!
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
YAY for Partners Dinner!! Oh man, Yvonne's bidding was absolutely hilarious!!!!! Definitely one of the best parts of the evening. :)
The people in Yvonne's section always seem to bid it must be her energy and geting her to stop rubbing their heads with foam fingers or pop poms in the 1st and 2nd year. :)
Sounds like it was a great dinner! And YAY about Blitz. That's so cool you were able to seem him, and that he might be able to live close to you! Keep us updated :)
Post a Comment