So, I'm actually puppy sitting! For a while there I didn't have any puppies and I felt kinda lonely. :) But, I've had Vito several times, (SWEET big guy!!) and I now have Catalina, and I'm getting Fahrenheit for about a week in October. YAY!
I've had Catalina since Tuesday night. I got her because I was going to a fundraiser with GDA, and sent out an email to see if I could borrow a pup. Her raiser offered her, and then ended up telling me I could go ahead and keep her until Saturday, which is an obedience class at GDA. She's adorable! Sorry I don't have any pictures...My camera's broke right now...
Tuesday night (virtually right after I got her!) we went shopping. For the record, I HATE shopping for clothes...I don't really mind grocery shopping or anything, but clothes shopping...Yich. I had a Mock Trial scrimmage the next day, and my mom wanted me to dress decently. (No jeans or t-shirt...) So, we did that, then went to two grocery stores. By the time we got home, Catalina was exhausted and fell right asleep. :)
The fundraiser on Wednesday was lots of fun! It was an in-n-out lunch at Farmers Insurance. Farmers paid In-N-Out, for a certain amount of food to bring, and then when people ate they paid Farmers, who then donated all the money made from the food back to GDA. There were about 12-15 puppies there, and then there was a merchandise table. We were there mainly to express our thanks to Farmers Insurance, and so they could sort of see what their money was going to. They do that once a year. Catalina did fantastically for her age! She's five months old, and there was one puppy younger than her, but she was by far the smallest there. People have been guessing she's about 3 months old...She's just very small. :) So, she was the star of the show!!
After that, we went home. My sister wanted to go to the Library, (she has a booklist that she's supposed to read, and she only has a few of them) so Catalina and I went with her. I just sat and did homework, while Catalina slept and looked adorable.
Then we had to go home, do chores, and get ready for Mock Trial. This scrimmage was a sort of second audition...We hadn't gotten the official case packets, we just used one from 2001, to practice and for the coaches to see how different people do as different roles. They were trying me out as an attorney this time. :) I LOVED being an attorney...It was so much more fun than being a witness, as I was last year. I did get a compliment by one of the coaches, (the one who doesn't give so many compliments...) so MAYBE I'll be one of the attorneys. They're thinking about only using two attorney's on each side this year, and if there are, I will definitely only be a back-up. If there are three on each side, though, I think I have a good chance of being an attorney. We have a much bigger team this year than previous years, so we will be having a few back-ups. They will learn several roles, just in case someone gets sick or something. Last year we had someone get sick, but we only had 16 team members so they had to compete anyway.
Catalina just slept through the entire, boring thing. :) At the end of the meeting, we got our new case packets!! It's so exciting. It's an arson, and coincidentally, the practice case we chose was also arson. So, we were prepared with that!! The case is much longer than previous years. Last year, each witness statement was around 1 1/2 pages. Some only had half pages. This year, each witness statement is 3 pages long. The pre-trial subject is also very interesting. For those of you who don't know, pre-trial is always a constitutional right, and it's decision effects what evidence can be used in the case-in-chief. This year it is the 1st ammendment...The defendant gave a riot speech, with the slogan "burn 'em out." The first charge is inticement to riot...The pre-trial attorneys will argue whether the defendant's speech was protected by the first ammendment or not. If it is decided that it IS covered by free speech, then that charge will be dropped. If it isn't, the charge will not be dropped and the prosecution will try to convince the jury that the defendant is ALSO guilty of inticement to riot.
Tonight I have ASL. It's an AMAZING class and I love it. The first week I brought Belle, this time I'm bringing Catalina. I don't know how I'll explain the situation though...We're not allowed to use our voices and I don't know enough signing to answer why this dog suddenly turned yellow, lol.
Saturday is obedience class at GDA. I'm going to ask more about Blitz there...I saw Karen at the fundraiser on Wednesday, she said that she doesn't have Blitz anymore.
That's about it!! For now I'm enjoying Catalina's company. :) Thanks Denise!!
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
Ugh, I DO NOT like shopping, either! Unfortunately, I have to find something to wear for Holly's graduation. The only clothes I own are jeans and t-shirts. :)
Yay for getting to puppysit! That's always really fun, especially when you're lonely and dogless.
try telling your teacher "dog different." the sign for 'different' is the same as the sign for 'but'...if you don't know either, you can look it up on aslpro.com. to sign dog, you just tap your thigh and then snap your fingers. that should get the point across :)
yay mock trial! you'll have to let me know how that goes if they decide to use only two trial attorneys. i'll have to ask sarah about that.
poo, Alisa told you how to sign "dog different" before I did. Haha. Except with this teacher, the sign for dog (if she hasn't said yet) is snapping fingers then tapping your thigh. Alisa just can't accept that yet. ;)
See you Saturday1!
haha, sorry joanna, your teacher is crazy :) remember how she taught you to sign "person"?!? kasey, you shoudl come down here to mexico and then you can get the crash course in signing :)
I HATE shopping too! that was a long post....lots to update! Have fun puppy sitting!
I am so glad catalina is being good for you.
I went to obedience class that day! I don't think I saw you though. I went to the two later classes.
Post a Comment