So, I'm just copying and pasting this from an email I sent a friend...I don't exactly feel like typing the whole thing out again....
Well, Blitz is going to be dropped. He's doing much better, about which I'm VERY happy! He's still getting better though, so he's staying with Karen so he can go to GDA every day. I can't keep him...He'll be way too expensive. He's on a special food, and if it happens again I wouldn't be able to afford to give him the care he needs. Sooo...I'm hoping that the Gettleman's (his sponsors) will be able to keep him. AND I'm REALLY hoping I'll be able to see him again before he goes to his new home.
I can't tell you how weird it feels to be talking about Blitz as if he's someone elses...I still feel like he's mine! But...I need to let him go, or I'll be sulking for a LOOONG time. I went through the same thing with Jaylie.
I feel really bad every time I tell someone and don't get emotional at ALL, but truly, I think I used up all my emotions those few days after I got the word that he was going to be dropped. So people usually look at me funny when I can tell them about it without breaking face. But I AM still very sad about it, I'm just not wearing that emotion out on my sleeve. (Anymore...I certainly did plenty of it the first few days...)
For now, I'm just not up to talk a whole lot about it. Obviously I'm fine with a little bit, but I don't feel like talking about it a lot yet. I actually don't have any puppies right now...No puppy sitting or anything. So...It's just me. (well, and the other 7 people in my family, but they don't exactly understand puppy raising...)
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




11 comments:
Oh man... I am SO sorry, Kasey. :( Are you going to the meeting tomorrow? I hope you are..
I'm really really sorry about Blitz. Career changes are definitely one of the hardest things to go through...ever! I hope you get to see him before he goes off to his new home, I'm sure he'll make his new family very happy!
Oh, I'm so sorry Kasey. That's so tough. I get you on the emotions part. Praying for you!
Aw, I'm so sorry to hear that Kasey :( You'll definitely be in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time...big hugs
Glad to hear Blitz is okay though!!
Career Changes are tough...I understand what you mean about not getting emotional...I actually CAN'T show any emotion until its time to let the dog go...and then after that its over.. yeah its hard..but life goes on ..fortunatly!
With Jake for the first couple of months just thinking about Turn in would bring tears to my eyes...when I found out about his CCing..I cried for two days and the whole time I was giving him up!
Rei...I didn't cry until I was in the car after she left...and that only last for about 5 minutes.
Midnight...no tears yet..I will cry buckets on Turn in day...but probably not after.
All that was just to say...yeah I understand!!
Well, I'm SO happy that Blitz is getting better. Too bad guiding just wasn't in his future. I completely understand your emotions. I know he'll be a good pet!
I am so sorry, but so relieved to hear that Blitz is doing better. A medical career change I think would be especially hard to take. I hope he doesn't have to wait too long before going to his new home, and I hope you will get to see him again before he goes. Good luck and best wishes for both of you!
O no! I am so sorry. I must say, that out of my almost 3 years as a puppy raiser, hearing about a Career Change was the hardest thing. I'm so sorry for both you and Blitz. I really hope you are able to see him before he goes into a new home. Good job for raising Blitz, he sounds like an awesome dog!
Aww, I'm so so sorry! We too were really hoping that the medical issues would be resolved.
Glad to hear he's doing better--I know he'll be a huge blessing to some really lucky family :)
Hi Kasey, so sorry to hear about Blitz.
Jeez, I'm sorry to hear about Blitz's CC. I hope you can see him one last time before he goes to his new home too, just for some closure for you. I am glad though, that Blitz recovered, here's to hoping nothing like that happens again! We're sending you good thoughts from across the country.
Post a Comment