Right now I have Miss Belle! I'm so happy I'm puppysitting. She's been here for a little more than a week, and I'm not sure when she's going home. (Her raisers are remodeling, so it's not like a defined time when they'll be done.) I know I've said this before, but I LOVE this little girl! She has incredible amounts of energy, (so she's the polar opposite of Blitz, haha) and seems to be ecstatic about life in general. I took her for a 2 mile run today, and when we got back she was still wiggling all over, and when I let her outside to go potty, she did about 3 labrador laps around the yard. :) But then she collapsed, so she's not infinitely energetic. :) She is like the energizer bunny though.
On Tuesday we're going to Disneyland, and I'm trying to find a dog to bring. I'm not sure if I'll still have Belle, but if I do I can just swap for the day for an older dog.
Ooh, Geocaching!! I finally got everything set up and I am LOVING it. I've found 14 so far...Last night we had some people over (the Lucas's, a family I LOVE.), and Mrs. Lucas, Tatum, (the oldest girl, who's ten) my mom, Belle and I all got into the jeep (amazing car, especially for geocaching! It's open...Like a more burly convertible...) and found 6 in a row. We looked for 3 more, and for some reason couldn't find them. All this while the rest of the kids and the dads were watching Star Wars II. Belle LOVED the jeep. She was sitting on my lap, (there was absolutely no room on the floor!) and I could tell she was immensely enjoying the wind flapping her ears.
I started an ASL class at the college, and even though we've had only one class, I LOVE it. It's 3 hours long and completely interactive. There is no talking aloud, (and yes, I did mean to spell that "aloud" and not "allowed," lol, though I guess it'll work either way.) and we learned a lot just with total submersion. I brought Miss Belle, and she was perfect, except for about 10 minutes before break. At that point she got a little restless, but at break I took her potty and then she fell asleep in class.
We had a BIG party last friday for Brook and my birthday. We were born a year and a week apart, so we just combined our party this year. We didn't know about it until two days before though, so some people that we wanted there didn't get invited. But we had SOOO many people there!! I couldn't believe it, actually. You could hardly walk through the front part of our house, (which consists of four rooms) and the backyard and pool yard were really crowded too. On the invitations my mom put "gift of choice: iTunes" and combined, Brook and I got $280.00 of iTunes, and then we got SO much other stuff, especially gift cards, checks and cash. Officially, it started at 7 and ended at midnight, but being Simi Valley, people didn't get here until 7:30 and didn't leave until 12:30. (with the few stragglers, of course.)
And I'll leave you with this adorable picture of Dixie..




2 comments:
I'm so glad you have Belle!! I bet she's grown up a lot since I last had her!! She's a cutie, and yes, SO exuberant about life!! :)
Who are you taking ASL from?? I dropped my ASL class this semester. I really didn't like it so much! I had Peter this semester, and Susan Desantis last semester, whom I LOOOVEEDDD!!!!
Yay for geocaching! :) It's so fun.
Post a Comment