We had a great time. We went with the Jewells, who also brought Geoppus (At least I think that's how you spell his name.) and his guide dog, Walden. Walden's a big cutie, and such a baby. On the way there, it was just Blitz, and since Walden didn't play with him, Blitz just went to sleep. But on the way back, we had Harley. So we had all three dogs in the back, and after a while Walden got so tired of the "babies" (Who HAPPEN to be eight and sixteen months!) that he jumped over the seat and stayed in Geoppus's lap the rest of the trip.
At the party we got to see Ella, one of Blitz's littermates, as well as two of the raisers of his littermates. One of them didn't have her, (Avalon is her name.) and the other had just brought him to the kennels for Evals. (A.J.) A.J. used to be Anakin, but his original puppy raisers grew tired of him and listed as "Unmanageable." He was rehomed, and didn't even know his name because the original raisers called him different names. (Annie, kin, etc.) So they renamed him. Avalon is hospitalized because she has been vomiting, and when given a prescription, kept on doing it. So, they're looking at her closer. Hopefully she'll be alright...She's a sweetie!
We got pictures with Santa...But don't have them yet! They need to email them to me. As soon as I get it, I'll post it here. Every year they have a candy-cane competition. Each dog is given three candy canes to give away to any dog that they think is being well behaved. We came in SECOND! Out of a million puppies! (Okay, maybe around thirty-fifty) The one that came in first is an eight week old. But he WAS really well behaved for his age. Blitz got five, the baby got six. So we JUST lost! We got a candy cane from Sydney, (Goldendoodle) Avalon, (Black Lab, even though she wasn't there...Her puppy raisers gave it to us.) Camry, (Yellow Lab) Nelson, (Black Lab, breeder.) and Harley. (Black Lab.) And they had a raffle, with a bunch of random things like pins, toys, tie-downs, etc. I bought three tickets...My name was called four times. (My sister bought some tickets, and I think all Louise saw was "Nash," and so she said Blitz.) I got a "Bags on Board" dog bag carrier, (I'm getting tired of carrying those in my pockets!)a squeaky toy for Blitz, and a tie down. (The last one suffered the puppy teeth.) Keliann (My sister...I let her get one, since it's obvious that at least one of her tickets won!) got a packet of pins, necklaces and a keychain.
Here's the few pictures I managed to take!







2 comments:
Oh, that sounds like a GREAT time. Love the pic of Blitz in the hat. YAY for placing second on the candy canes! That's super.
You are looking so big and grown up Blitz! And good job on being so well behaved! It looks and sounds like a lot of fun :)
Post a Comment