Tuesday, December 4, 2007

TOTALLY copying Emily and Megan!

Hehe, some things about me! (Kasey...Yes, I'm on Blitz's blog!)

-I lived in the same house on Camano Island, Washington for the first twelve years of my life.

-I then moved to Southern California where I thought I would die.

-If I didn't make that move, I wouldn't have discovered puppy raising!

-I am a tomboy of sorts...I'm not huge on sports, but I don't like painting my nails or the like either.

-I am the third of six kids.

-I have homeschooled all my life, and enjoy it.

-I hate hair...I actually wish that it would go into style to be bald so I could do so without being stared at.

-I have always been interested in other cultures...Not other cultures of countries, but the culture of disabled people...Such as blindness, deafness, lameness etc...

-I hope to go into a profession that deals with this sort of thing. (A sort of Special Education...Preferably being a Guide Dog Instructor)

-I love dogs. ('nuff said.)

-The first dog I ever had in my family was Sarah, an English Springer Spaniel. THE best dog you could ask for, she was my mom and dad's "Kid before Kids." (She was our sort of "babysitter" as we grew up, and it was not uncommon for her to place herself between us and something dangerous.)

-When I think, I am always having a conversation with someone. (Instead of just THINKING "This is what I think." I picture myself telling someone what I think.)

-I hate all candy except for chocolate.

-My favorite breed of dog besides the Lab are Bernese Mountain Dogs.

-I wore high heels for the first time last week.

-I LOVE water. The water we had in Washington came directly from an underground spring, and seriously...This water was heavenly.

-My favorite quote as of now: "It is not our duty to conform Christ to man, but to conform man to Christ." Dorothy Sayers (I'll probably find a new favorite quote in the next book I read.)

-I really like things that people typically hate...Brussel sprouts, broccoli, spinache, etc...

-In the past four months my car has burst into flames for no apparent reason, our house has flooded, and my house almost caught on fire.

-My absolute favorite place to vacation: Cannon Beach, Oregon.

-I like all types of music...classical, rap, pop, rock, jazz, country, you name it, I like it. (Unless you name screaming rock...)

-In the third grade I was tested, and my reading score was Post Highschool, and my spelling score was ninth grade.

-My score was simply awful in math.

-As I look back at Jaylie, I realize how little I knew then. I think I'll look back on now in a year and think the same thing.

-I actually enjoy writing reflection essays and such.

-I, like Megan, break out into sudden song. One word will remind me of a song, and then it's hopeless.

-I play "The Game," and I just lost. I have only won the game twice in the time I have known about it. (Like five months.)

-My favorite food in the world is sub sandwhiches.

-I will never date...I will court.

-I have listened to ALL of the "Adventure of Odyssey" series. In order.

-I am very bugged in the car, even though I don't drive, when anyone does anything rude or illegal.

-I get very nervous with knives. My stomache actually starts to quiver.

-I was born two weeks early.

-My brother has never experienced throwing up...He was born without an asauphogus.

-I taught myself how to read when I was three.

-My favorite book series as a kid (Yes, I'm still a kid but I mean a YOUNGER kid...)was the Encyclopedia Brown series. Yesterday I read one of them and they are extremely cheesy.

-I have read all of the Chronicles of Narnia at least seven times. (Prince Caspian is the one that I've read the least, and I've read that seven times.) I've read the Magicians Nephew the most...Fourteen times.

-My dad was born in Alaska before it became a state. (Alaska became a state in November of '59. My dad was born in '58.)

-Every time we're in a social setting I learn something new about my dad. Once I learned that he was kidnapped once. Another time I heard he was shipwrecked for three days. Yet another that he once was lost in a blizzard and had to dig a hole in the snow to keep warm.

-I am the "buddy" of a four year old girl with Downs Syndrome every sunday. She just needs some extra attention, and she is the cutest thing.

-I lose interest in things very quickly, and I was extremely worried that this would happen with puppy raising. But no, it didn't!! ;)

-My bedroom floor is tile.

-I am going to GERMANY in March!!

-I "know" alot of people whom I have never met. (Most of you bloggers being some of them!)

-I am barefoot more often then not.

-I LOVE cool weather. I hate it when it's hot! When it's cold, there's always some way to warm up, whether it be running around playing frisbee with friends or curling up in front of the fireplace with cocoa. When it's hot, there is no way to cool down!

Hmm, that's it for now...Might update later!

Anyway, on to Blitz. We took him to the vet today, but before we did, I fed him, and he didn't finish. That is EXTREMELY unlike him, he is the typical lab who inhales his food. The vet said it was probably because the pain was so bad. She said that the limping and pain is a flare up of whatever he had last time. (She told me the term, but I can't remember what it is!!) So, he's back on crate confinement and pain pills. He should be fine by the puppy meeting on saturday, so you GDA people may see him!

7 comments:

Lisa and pups said...

It's so great to learn more about you. WHat a great list. Hope Blitz feels better soon

Megan and Orleans said...

Poor Blitz. Give him some pats from me and Sherm. Love the list and, Yay for breaking out into random song. :)

Mosier 'n Me said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mosier 'n Me said...

Yahoo for walking barefoot! :)

Sarah and Romeo said...

Wow, we have a lot of things in common! It sfun to hear about other peoples tidbits of facts.
I hope Blitz is recuperating all right. Give him lots of love from Sarah and Cobra!

Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

Hope Blitz feels better! I <3 Cannon Beach, one of the best places I've ever been.

Anna said...

"-I have listened to ALL of the "Adventure of Odyssey" series. In order."

I know...I'm a little late...but I always wanted to do that....only got to #3 though :) hehe!

I'm Anna by the way, and I'm a raiser for GDB...currently raising Lynn a female yellow lab. Email me at finkea@gmail.com if you'd like to read my blog (yes...it's private).