Haha, lots have been going on!
Saturday night a friend slept the night and we left early Sunday morning for the Abilities Expo in Anaheim. (http://www.abilitiesexpo.com/) It was AMAZING. If you ever get the chance, I highly recommend going. We ran into about 15-20 fully trained service dogs while there...About five were from CCI, and the rest were owner-trained. We spent the night in Anaheim (We got a free hotel stay since we stayed in a Marriot for SO long when our house flooded!) and went to Disneyland the next day. Because of the Abilities Expo that weekend, the handicapped lines were longer than usual, but they still saved us at least an hour of waiting time on each ride. We ran into a group of puppy raisers from...I don't know what school. They were exiting Pirates and we were going on, their dogs got overwhelmed, one barked...It was pretty chaotic, so I didn't get a chance to say hi. I saw the jackets, but didn't see what school it said on it. I didn't recognize the design though, which is pretty strange for any puppy raiser! Usually we can recognize whether a dog is from GDB, GDD, CCI, PAWS, etc. just by seeing the jacket! I THINK they were from the Assistance Dog Institute though, they were all college students. We also ran into a CCI dog, (Once again, chaotic passing, so wasn't sure if it was a PIT or graduate) and two Disneyland Security dogs. Quite the day for dogs at Disneyland! I've never run into a dog at Disneyland before.
At my bible study on Saturday night, Daniel Hoekendorf (Another PR) asked if I could take care of his new puppy, Belle for about a week. YES! She's about 12 weeks old and ADORABLE. They took Blitz for a day at Disneyland yesterday, and are bringing him back today. (I think...Not sure though, lol) Here's a picture of the cute Belle!!!




3 comments:
Oh i'm jealous you get Belle!! she's SOOO cute!!!!
I been at Disneyland when you run into a service dog or PIT around every corner and the Disney Pluto divition are some great dogs even when they want to play with your pup.
Very fun! Sounds like you're having a busy time!!
Post a Comment