Friday, June 29, 2007

I'm going to send a letter to my Sponsers!

This is what it'll say. (You've heard most of it, but it's alot more compact. Also, I'm not gonna put the pictures that I'm sending them in the post, since you've seen MOST of them anyway.)



Hi there! This is Blitz! I remember seeing you guys at Open House, and mommy said that I’m supposed to send you a letter all about me! Well, let me tell you….That’s my favorite subject!
First off, I’ll tell you about my personality, since this is my first letter. I am just about the mellowest dog you could ever meet! Puppies sleep a lot, but with most of them, when they are awake, they’re very energetic. Not me! There are times that I am energetic, but that always depends on what mom’s doing. If she’s doing something interesting, or interacting with me, than I’ll be very interested. But if she’s not paying attention to me, I’ll lay down and go to sleep, or settle just chewing on my toys. My favorite toy is a Kong filled with peanut butter, and then frozen. But I only get that once a week, because mom doesn’t want me to get overweight.
I love other puppies, but my favorite is the big dogs. Put me in a group of puppies my age, and I’ll sniff at ‘em, and maybe play a bit, but put me with a BIG dog, and I’ll play my heart out! Mom takes me to an obedience class, and there are about five other puppies in the group. We all get to play before we move onto the obedience, but I usually end up playing with the toys by myself. Once, the teacher didn’t get down some of the agility equipment before I got there, so I was walking through the tunnels, (below) going up and down the A-Frame (Above right) and everything! I was only ten weeks at that time, and the A-Frame was about six or seven times taller than me, but I wasn’t scared, that was fun! Then
there was a Brittany Spaniel that wanted to follow me up, but she was too scared. (My goodness…Girls sometimes!)
I am also, if I may say so myself, unusually smart. I learned the “Sit” command within the first twenty-four hours of me being with mom. I was housetrained within the first week, and got the whole heeling concept down within the first three weeks. (I’m not perfect at it yet of course, but I do know what I’m supposed to be doing.) I’m having some trouble with down though. I’m don’t need the lure anymore, but mom has to tap the ground to remind me what the word means. I’m TERRIFIC at “Stay!” I can wait for my food for up to three minutes. One time, I was being very impatient, and I knew I wasn’t supposed to actually EAT my food until mom said okay, so I tried telling mom how hungry I was by barking at my bowl of food. Mom didn’t listen though! She just put me back into my stay, and I had to wait another fifteen seconds. (Which I don’t think was fair!)
I am getting to the age now that I go virtually everywhere with mom. And then next week, I will be able to go to parks and places where other dogs have been too! (I will be getting my sixteen week old shots!) The first public place that I ever went to was The Home Depot. I was NOT impressed. Since I was only ten pounds at the time, mom just carried me around, and I slept. (Picture to the right!)
Other things I have done are going to a school for a talk on guide dogs, (Twice! Once with nine other puppies, (Picture to the right) and the other with only two. Both of them I was the youngest puppy by at least ten months.) going to puppy obedience classes, puppy meetings at GDA, Open House, going to grocery stores, department stores etc. with mom, going to three movies, (Pirates of the Carribbean III, Shrek the Third, and Fantastic Four 2. All of which I slept through!) going on a sailboat for a “Puppy Dockside Party,” and going to a friends graduation party. I have also been “puppy swapped” twice! Once with the Jewells, and mom got Harley, (I know! Isn’t that cool?) because she went to our schools graduation, and it was four hours long and she couldn’t exactly expect a twelve week old puppy to hold his bladder that long! The second time, because she was going to the park for eight and a half hours, and couldn’t leave me home that long, and obviously I couldn’t go. (She got Fievel, (Golden Retriever) and I went to the Evan’s.) Both times, the reports came back positive! At the Jewell’s, I figured out how to use the doggy-door, because I saw Diesel go through it.
At home, I’ve been getting into a routine. I wake mom up at about six to go “Get Busy,” then I eat, and then mom eats, and I just sort of lazy around. (Chew a toy, get a drink of water, sometimes ask to be let out to Busy again, etc.) At around seven or eight o’clock, all mom’s siblings and her mom start waking up. (I have four uncles, one aunt, and a grandma and grandpa. My grandpa leaves for work before I’m even up though.) Then everyone else gets busy (A term that’s NEVER used in our household, except for those “Special Occasions.”) on their morning routines, school, chores etc. until around two or three o’clock. Then, mom and I’ll either go for a walk, or play with a toy, or go to the neighbors. (They have a puppy that’s four days older than me.) I eat at around five, but I’m ALWAYS hungry by four. That’s when I put on my best puppy-dog eyes, and stand by the garage door, staring at mom. (The garage is where the dog food is kept.) I always follow mom around with my sad eyes and rumbling stomach, until it’s FINALLY five, and mom FINALLY picks up my dish, and takes me out to the garage. Sometimes I think I’m going to die of starvation before five comes! But then after dinner, my stomach’s full, my bladder’s empty, I’m tired out, and I am READY for a nice, LONG nap. Once, I decided that I wanted attention, and mom wasn’t giving me any at the moment. So, I walked into my crate and started barking to be let out. (Yes, the door was still open.) I don’t see what’s so funny about this, but my mom has been telling everyone about it.
Well, that’s all that I’ve got for my first letter to you guys. And I want to thank you SO much for sponsoring me! I think that everyone can have high hopes for me…I’ve got the perfect personality for a guide dog! (Or at least, that’s what mom says! Sorry, don’t mean to sound too full of myself!)
See you later!
Blitz, puppy in training.

3 comments:

Lisa and pups said...

What a great letter you wrote Blitz! You are such a great story teller. I love hearing about all your adventures. You are learning so much so fast. What a great mom you have. She loves you very, very much!

Erin said...

Sure I don't mind making you one!
Either one you want, the comic page or the header!
Just send pictures of what you want on there and like what colors, and what text and I will put something together for you!

Erin said...

Send it too pups4guides@inbox.com