Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Update of me!

Well, I am now twelve weeks old, have lost my first puppy teeth, most of my back has lost puppy fur, and I am starting to sleep out of the crate, on a tie-down. (Well, tonight is my first night...I'll let you guys know later how that goes.)

I've been busy lately! My mom and I are getting ready for Open House Puppy Trials. That's gonna be hard...There'll be hot-dogs hanging from strings, popcorn on the ground, llama's and sheep behind a fence, and I gotta (At least I'm SUPPOSED to) leave it all alone. My mom says that I probably won't, but that's fine, since I'm so young. We are competing against other puppies that are my age though, and hopefully I'll place in the top four!!! My mom says that she thinks I can. Maybe that's just because she's trying to encourage me, though.

Yesterday I went to a store...Ross's! Boy, is that tiring. When mom was half-way done shopping, I fell asleep, and she had to carry me everywhere. Grandma still had more errands to run, but I was too tired, so she dropped mom and me off at home.

And then last night, we slept in a TENT! (In the backyard) I can now officially say that I went camping before I had all my vaccinations. Wow, that'll surprise all my friends! They'll think I'm the coolest pup ever. I was snoring at night, since I had such a big day that day, but then when I woke up, I had to go! (And when a twelve week old puppy has to go, that means NOW!!) So, I licked my mom awake, and she hurried up and took me outside the tent. I emptied my bladder, then came back in, and my uncles (Morgan, 5, Matthew, 2) thought that I was a baby bear! They thought that momma bear would be mad, so they started getting all scared. But then I licked them to let them know it was me.

After we all got up, I had my breakfast and a short walk, mom got out my jacket. That meant we're going somewhere! Then Mary Lou and Wissel came and picked mom and I up. (I had met them before...Once at Graduation, and again at that school I went to.) Wissel likes sitting in the front seat, but I got to sit there, so Wissel kept giving me dirty looks. Then she settled down chewing on a Nylabone, and I chewed on the rug. Mom said I couldn't do that though, so I chewed on my toy. When we got out of the car, I could hear kids playing. I know what that means! School. This time it wasn't as big though! There were two other dogs (Wissel and "W" Rose) and about thirty fifth-graders. Mary Lou did most of the talking, but my mom stood up and told the kids her name, and my name, and that I'm a twelve-week old lab. Wissel and Rose are fourteen months old, so you can imagine that I got alot of attention. I was really tired while Mary Lou was talking, so I fell asleep. Man, who knew a sleeping puppy could draw so many "AAAAHHH!!!"'s???? Then I started snoring. That got alot of laughs! When Mary Lou put on the video, there's a part that shows the puppy nursery with a bunch of five week old puppies. I heard that part, and stood up. It sure sounded like all my litter mates! I thought I was back with my fur mom! Guess not. After the video and questions, we all went outside so the kids could pet me there. I held really still so they could pet. And I didn't bite even one! Mom's real proud of me.

When I got home, my day STILL wasn't over! My uncle Brooklin, (14) had to go to the store to get some dance shoes. So, I went along with him. (Just for the socialization.) There were only two people in the store, so that was nice. But the thing is...There was this wall that was shiny, and there was another puppy in there! He looked exactly like me, and moved like me also! And here's the scary part...There was a person who looked exactly like mom holding his leash! And then I tried smelling him, but he had no smell! My goodness, these human's sure have some strange stuff!!

Well, thanks all for reading my blog! Anyway, it's past my bedtime!

4 comments:

Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

Wow good job with all those kids Blitz, Chappelle at that age would have been mouthing every single one! :)

Lisa and pups said...

Oh Blitz, that sounds like you have been so busy. And you are doing so well, I'm sure you will leave those hot dogs on a string and popcorn no problem! Great job with the kids. Kids like puppies and sounds like you have the cuteness thing down!!! I remember my first time seeing those strange reflector things. Funny stuff. Keep up the good work and showing off for you mom for me!

Lisa and pups said...

Oh - that's great. I really appreciate the offer. I would love a letter. It could be about your experiences as a puppy raiser or how you've seen dogs help people or whatever you feel like. If you email it to me at work - lrickards@harvestgraphics.biz - then I can print it off. I don't have a printer at home. THANKS SO MUCH! I can't say thanks too much! I think the more letters I have, the better chance I'll get of getting them to change their minds.

Currently, they have a dog weight rule so I'm just asking them to make an exception to that. It's not like they don't allow dogs altogether.

Jake and Joanna said...

Hey kasey,
I got your comment on my blog. Unfortunately, I'm going to be really late to Open House tomorrow. :( I have graduation stuff. Sorry!! I wish i could!