Thursday, July 19, 2007

Beaches, Obedience Classes, and other things.

So, I spent the week with Marlo's family. But Marlo wasn't there! But they have another dog, a golden retriever, named Penny. She was a bit of a grouch though, and wouldn't play with me. I think she was mad at her family for bringing home ANOTHER pup for her to be annoyed with. But that's alright, I found plenty of other things to do. Then, they brought me to obedience class, and guess who showed up! MOMMY!! Man, I missed her a whole bunch. This was our last night at obedience class, and it was fun. First, we did cradling, as always, while Alisa went over her handout. Then we did some heeling, and sit/staying as well as some down/staying. I did fantastic at the sit/stay, but I'm not to good at down/stay. It's so hard! Oh! And you know what's even HARDER?? STAND/stay. Mommy had to hold me so I wouldn't sit, and then she told me it was okay, and I could sit. Some of us little pups (Camry, Dallas and I) joined in with the older group, since there was only Price, Marlo and Kuma. Here's a picture of our last obedience class together! The pups in it from left to right are Camry, Price, Cleo, Dallas, Marloe and me. The pups that were in the class, but either came late and missed the photo, (Kuma) or weren't there, were Maui, Fievel, Oceana, Kuma and Nidia.

And then yesterday, we went to the beach! It was a beach that didn't allow dogs, so I had to leave my vest on, but it was still fun! I got to sunbathe for a while, but then I got tired of that, and was hot, so I squished myself into this tiny bit of shade.

There were seagulls there, but I wasn't that interested in them. I liked making myself a bed with the sand better. Mom didn't enjoy that though, since I was getting so sandy. My mom took me for a walk, and that was fun. There were a ton of people saying "This is a no dogs allowed beach!" but the lifeguards didn't say anything, so we were fine. after going for my walk, I was pooped. So, I went to sleep. When I woke up, my mom got this crazy idea that she should tire me out, and take me for a run. Well, THAT wasn't happening. I put my brakes on and didn't move. So, she gave up. Oh! And those waves are so scary. At first, I wasn't sure what to do about them, and kept shying away. But then mom took me up to one and showed me that it wasn't scary. So, I tried taking a drink. Ugh. Never try that! It was disgusting! Anyway, it was lots of fun. My mom even buried my uncle in the sand. I thought it was so silly, because all you could see was his head. Where'd the rest of him go? Oh well. He has it back now!

After the beach, mom and I went to the Ventura meeting. At dinner, I was very whiny. I even barked once. But after mom corrected me, I did that sorta half bark, where you go through the movements of the bark, but it comes out a squeak. Then we went into the meeting. It was boring for me, but mom said it was interesting. At one point, while I was sleeping, the speaker started doing the strangest thing...She was backing up and clapping, just like mom does when she wants me to come to her. Since I had been sleeping, I just woke up, and didn't try to go to her or anything, but the rest of the puppies REALLY wanted to go to her. It was so funny! The Jewell's gave Mom and I a ride home, and I slept the whole way. When we got home and mom got out, I didn't even lift my head up or open my eyes. I was OUT! It was a fun day!! Sorry I don't have any pictures of the meeting. Mom didn't have the camera!

1 comment:

Lisa and pups said...

Oh, that pic of you under the boat is hilarious!!! That looks like so much fun. I bet the people who were commenting about no dogs were just jealous!!!