So, while mom was off enjoying herself in Sacramento, I was on crate rest! hehe, it wasn't as bad as all that, though.
I went with the Reynolds, a family who is considering puppy raising, but wanted to pup-sit first. I was a bit of trouble for them...On the first day I ate a pencil. It was non-toxic, so we all weren't too worried, but they definately saw that pencil again when they were picking up my gift! The rest of the time I was either sleeping or being extremely energetic. These pain pills I'm on, while they normally make a dog calmer, make me a much more hyper dog. That combined with the fact that I'm a ten month old male...Wow. Mom picked me up tuesday morning, and took me with her to Moorpark college for her classes. Because of my foot, (Although I'm not limping anymore) she didn't want me to walk around too much, and brought me to the car after just one class. (The teacher in that class is the only one who won't let mom bring me to classes once I heal...Mom is considering dropping it.) It was a cold day, and I had my dog bed in the car, so mom decided it'd be alright. She came back after a few hours, to feed me my dinner, hang out, and take me potty. Then I went back in the car until ten o'clock, when mom's last class ended. When she and her two brothers got in the car, I was so tired I didn't even acknowledge them! Wednesday and Thursday I slept all day. (While mom was gone at classes both of those days!) On wednesday, Stephen Hoekendorf (The brother of a GDA puppy raiser) offered to take me to the puppy meeting, but because of my Pano, mom said no. Thursday, when mom got home from her classes at Moorpark, she had two rats! She is in an animal behavior class at Moorpark, and the lab requires that you train a rat to do an obstacle course. So far, I'm really good with them. I'm really interested, but it's not the kind of hungry-interested. They're names are Stanhope (A character in "Descent Into Hell") and Ransom, (A character in "That Hideous Strength") and they are both male albinos. Right now mom has no idea how she's going to tell them apart, but for now she has just put a piece of yarn on one of them. They're still pups, both at ten weeks old! (They're littermates.) Mom asked about bringing me to all her classes, and everyone said it's FINE except for the speech teacher. For the animal behavior class, though, I won't be able to go with mom out into the zoo, but there will always be some animal-lover in the classroom to hold onto me while mom does her thing! Mom thinks I'll be ready to come to classes again by thursday...Maybe tuesday. I'm not limping anymore, but the vet said not to be fooled by that...It's just the pain pills! Oh! And I lost alot of weight. (Well, like four pounds) The vet told mom to have me shed some pounds, as I was looking a bit chubby. But now I'm even more beautiful than before, with a really slim body! I should be on one of those weight-loss commercials, haha. But I don't like diets...Before I got cut a whole half a cup per meal, I would start looking hungry at about four o'clock. (Dinner times at five) Now, I start looking hungry by three, and by five I'm just dying. Now that I'm at a good weight though, mom says maybe she'll give me a half a cup more a day, just so I don't keep losing weight.
Exciting news, too! As of February, I will be able to get back to Puppy Meetings! It's been a long time since mom's been, and she really misses them. She has a class on wednesday nights, but that will end soon! Woohoo! I can't wait!!!
Friday, January 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
hey kasey,
fyi if you end up dropping your speech class and want to add a different one (if it's not too late), i took petrello and he LOVED my puppy. as long as you don't mind him coming over and rolling on the ground with blitz before and after every class, you should be fine with him :)
Hey Alisa! Thanks for the tip. I looked into Petrello's classes, and unfortunately his only class on tuesdays and thursdays is full. There is one on mondays and wednesdays that I could MAYBE do, and I'm going to talk to my parents about that! Thanks for the suggestion!
Also, Kasey, I took a speech class with Janice DiFatta, and she was GREAT with Camry, and the easiest speech class ever!!! :) Just so you know. ;) I saw your brother at Moorpark the other day! I don't remember his name, lol, but he looked older? haha.
Thanks! She's full right now, but I'm going to go and see if there are any drops on tuesday. Yeah, Brooklin told me about seeing you! I told him Camry was you're puppy, and he was really surprised that she was so big!!
Post a Comment