I went to the vet yesterday, and as usual Blitz was weighed. The tech who weighed him told us he was 69.8 pounds...I figured that couldn't be right, because the last time he was weighed he was 61.3, and that was less than a month ago! They asked me all the usual questions when a dog gains that much weight...Have you increased his food, given him treats, anything? The answer is no...In fact, he's been on a diet. (The vet told me to.) His waist looks tons better, so he DID take off the fat. They weighed him twice more on that scale, with the same outcome. They figured it might have something to do with the scale, so they took him to the other scale...Same thing!! Guess my guy is just getting way bigger! The vet did mention he looked taller...(I wouldn't notice since I'm with him all the time.)
But yes, he has gone through a spurt. His choke chain, which was a month ago the perfect size, (About three inches coming off of his neck when it was tightened, but still a bit loose) is now about an inch smaller. Looks like it's time for a new choke chain. Also, his jacket now barely reaches halfway across his chest. He doesn't LOOK all that big...But when you get to the technicalities, he's HUGE!
Monday, January 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
Love the new look to your blog! WOW! That is a big growth spurt! :) Do you have to keep track of their height as well as weight on your monthly reports? Is his pano doing better?
No, we don't keep track of the height, but I would like to measure him! GDA has a policy that the dog has to be between 21 and 26 inches to graduate, with a half inch on either side for especially good dogs. I HIGHLY doubt Blitz will get over twenty six inches, but I'll bet he's around twenty four right now!
Oh yeah, and I forgot...Yes, his pano's doing better. We were at the vet for a follow up checkup, and the vet said he's still showing pain, but he's definately better and can go back to the normal routine.
That's so interesting! We send in height and weight on our reports. I usually took Runza to the vet once a month to be weighed and measured. The vet would get a kick out of it.
YAY!!! for his pano doing better! That's good news. I hope he grows out of it soon.
Blitz, you're HUGE!!!!! I think Camry is secretly in love with you, but shh, don't tell her I said that. ;)
Blitz is huge! Stetson stopped growing 3 months ago when he was about 10 months old. He plateaued at 65 pounds.
By the way, I like the timeline on the right side of your blog.
You're huge!!! haha. Glad you are doing well.
Hey Kasey! I'm going to be getting a puppy on Valentines day!!!!!! I just found out today! :D
Post a Comment