This last week has been busy, but fun! I'm so happy to have Blitz back, and we've been able to go to a bunch of places with him. The first few days I had him I didn't take him many places, because he seemed very tired from all the events!
On Wednesday I took him to Logic, and he did very well. He slept the entire time...No, seriously, the entire time. He didn't even open his eyes when everyone got up to leave. (It's only a two hour class, but still...His first class in three weeks??) Later that night we went to a puppy meeting, which was A LOT of fun. It'd been a while since I had been to a Ventura puppy meeting, and boy I missed it! I'm so glad I'm able to get back to them. As Joanna said, the planned speaker cancelled at last minute, but the alternative was very successful. He was a graduate with a nine-year old guide dog who has opened A LOT of doors for him. I sat right next to his wife, and got to talk to her a lot...She was really nice! Afterwards, they had a raffle for a 40 pound bag of Canidae...Guess who won?? Ya, I only bought five tickets, not really expecting to win, but then I did! It's not exactly needed, since Blitz is sponsored, but it was a five dollar bag of dog food, so I was more than happy to take it! I was also planning to pick up a bag from GDA at the next class, so now I won't have to. They also had a raffle for various toys, and I discovered something...Sometime while I was gone in Germany Blitz developed a major toy distraction. He was behaving the whole time, not distracted by any of the dogs, but then those toys came out and he freaked. Guess we'll be working on that!! (Oh, and by the way, I won a toy, too! It was my lucky night!)
On Thursday we had our Trinity Park Day, but Blitz looked so peaceful in his crate, and even with coaxing wouldn't come out, so I decided to let him sleep. (The little guy has been through a lot!)
On Friday we had a Trinity event. It was called a "Road Rally" and we seperated into teams, each team went in a car and followed sets of instructions to get from point to point, and earn points by answering questions from each point. Instead of having street names, every instruction was a riddle. (For example, "Turn right at a commonly used girls middle name," which was translated "Turn right at Janns") At every spot we got out and had to run to the destination to take pictures or answer questions, and the first few I took Blitz out with me...But then I remembered that, no matter what, he will NOT run while on leash. Soo, he got to sleep in the car with the driver!! At the end, our team was in fourth place, (Out of six...) so we didn't do so good, but it was still fun! The end location was Maui's puppy raiser's house, so Blitz and Maui got to play a bit, until they got a little too rambunctious for a huge group of teens. After that, Maui went upstairs and Blitz stayed on leash with me.
Today not much has happened...I'm going to Bible Study later, and we're having people over, but not much that has to do with Blitz.
Tomorrow, (Sunday) I am going to the same fire station visit as Denise and Oceana and Joanna and Camry are going to. Update to come on that! And I promise I'll take pictures there, rather than this boring old post with no pictures. Anyway, I'll update then!!
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment