Monday, April 28, 2008

Fuuuun Weekend

This has been a fun weekend! Be ready for a long post, with some pictures!


On Friday I went to an "Elk's" meeting, (Sort of like the Lion Club...Lots of, herm, old people...) to help make dinner and serve dinner. Blitz could have come, but my dad really didn't want him to. We had lots of fun. There were some interesting people! I was serving some Chicken and stuff called Ham Casserolle, and I had to repeat each name an average of three times per person. Especially with the Ham Casserolle. After dinner, they had music and dancing...It was so cute! Lots of seniors swing dancing...It was an all around fun night.


On Saturday morning Rachel and Joanna picked me up at eight thirty to go to the once a month saturday obedience class at GDA. The twelve month and older class starts at nine and goes 'til ten. We started out in the Off-Leash area to practice sit/stays, down/stays and heeling in grass. Blitz did really good! While we were heeling we all swapped dogs, and most of the pups did really well. (Including Blitz)


Sunday morning Joanna and Rachel picked me up again at nine, so we could make it to the graduation a half hour early and get a good seat. The graduation was great...Lots of dogs I knew, including Wissel, Watcher, W-Rose, (Or Wose, as a lot of people call her...) Millie, and Kaylee. Thought that was pretty good, because seven dogs were graduating and I knew five of them! Normally I know one or two. After the ceremony was over, I swapped Blitz for Eden, who I will have until Tuesday. She's soo sweet! Then I ran a crate to the admin building to drop it off. After that, Joanna and Camry, Rachel and Dallas, Casey Jane and Darcy and me and Eden all piled into Joanna's dads car and headed off to Disneyland. The ride was interesting...Camry is such a people dog! She first climbed into Casey Janes lap, and once she was kicked back into the back, climbed into my lap. She stayed there for a while!


Here are some pictures from the ride.


I THINK it's Camry on top, Eden on the bottom. They look a lot alike, but Eden is a little darker.




Darcy and Eden (Unless that's Camry...)




Then we got to Disneyland! We went on Pirates first, and it was really weird...They put two of the dogs in the first row, and then gave the other two (Casey Jane and I) each our own row. We could have easily gotten all four in two rows. (And we did later when we went on it again!) It was very crowded, and even the handicapped line for Pirates was long. (Not super long, but long for a handicapped line.) The dogs were all very good...Even Dallas! We were proud of him. Darcy and Camry were lagging a bit, it was cute. I was a bit nervous bringing a dog I had never met before to Disneyland, but Eden's really good! She's very mellow, but it's not like she got super tired from walking all day. I took off her training collar and put her on the flat while we were on Pirates the first time, and she did great all day.


When you have four dogs, you get about ten times the attention you do when you have one dog. We saw one blind man, a blind woman, and a little blind boy came and pet the dogs while Casey Jane and I were waiting for Joanna and Rachel on Indiana Jones. His mom was thanking us so much for puppy raising, and it really reminded me of what we're doing!

Later, we went on Jungle Cruise. Camry didn't come, because it was really scary getting on, and right as she put her foot out the whole boat moved and scared her. So, Joanna and her stayed behind. Our boat lady was really excited to have puppies! At the very beginning she was telling everyone on the boat that she had three puppies for co-captains and that if the boat should sink, that they could be used as floatation devices. At the part where they normally shoot the gun, (To scare away the hippos) she picked up the gun, and I was just covering Eden's ears when she started waving the gun and yelling at the hippos. She told us she didn't want to use it with the puppies. Thank you!!

We went on quite a few rides...Nemo, Snow White and Peter Pan are a few that the dogs could go on. The only ones we went on that the dogs couldn't go on was Indiana Jones and Thunder Mountain. In that case, one or two of us just stayed off with the dogs, and then we switched without having to wait in line again. On Indiana Jones we had to follow the handicapped line by going up and then down the elevator, even though we didn't even have the dogs anymore at that point and we are perfectly capable of walking up stairs! We left at around nine thirty because we were all exhausted. Here're pictures from throughout the day!

Waiting in line for the Nemo ride...

Eden lays just like Jaylie does!


By the Sword in the Stone.

Okay, I think this is the cutest picture in the world!! She is ADORABLE!! (With the aid of a cookie...)

As soon as Eden and I got home, I realized that her mellowness only lasts as long as her jacket is on! Which is a good thing I guess. I didn't want to deal with introducing her to the house that late after that long of a day, so after busying we went to bed.

Oh, speaking of busying...The reason Eden's puppy raisers wanted to swap is because Yvonne told them that she doesn't relieve on leash. Well, she busied (A big busy, if you know what I mean) for Joanna before we even left GDA, and then twice for me at Disneyland. Doesn't seem like she has any problem to me!

I hope you enjoyed the pictures!!

3 comments:

Jake and Joanna said...

wow, I could have sworn that was camry in the last picture with the pirate hat!! Eden looks SO much like her!! yesterday was so much fun!! :)

Elizabeth and Peyton said...

Disneyland is fun. :)
I love those puppy swaps! Have fun with Eden.

Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

That looks like so much fun! Glad you guys had a good time at Disneyland.