This post is inspired by Kelsey and her little "accident!"
Mustard is pretty much the best thing in the world. A few months ago I went skiing, and was stupid enough to not put sunscreen on. (I know...VERY stupid.) I got a very very very bad burn, and my mom was telling me as a FACT that it would scar and never completely heal. We determined that it was a third degree burn. (ALL over my face. It was disgusting, all bubbly and everything...Ugh, I will ALWAYS put sunscreen on.) Well, I had always known that mustard was good for burns, but had never realized it also worked for sunburns. My dad (Pretty much a mustard worshipper) when he got home told me to put mustard on it as SOON as possible. I put it all over my face, and the bubbling completely went away from everywhere but my chin within an hour. Just a little pink. My chin, which I didn't put as much mustard on, was still bubbling, so I just put a fresh layer of mustard on it about every hour, and within a day and a half the bubbles were all gone. No, they did not pop, (You don't want to pop them because it has some sort of healing ooz inside) they just disappeared! My face is as good as new now! I was almost sure my whole face would forever be scarred, but it actually looks better now than it did before I got the sunburn. (No, I do not recommend anyone to go and get a sunburn like that...)
Oh, here's one of my dad's mustard stories...My grandma always told her kids that mustard was good for burns, but they never believed her, so one time when my dad got a burn he told her to put mustard on only half of it. Within two days, the half with mustard was completely healed, while the other side was bubbling. It took about two and a half weeks for that half to heal.
Use mustard! It's amazing. My dad says that it's the vinegar or something...
Friday, April 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
HAHAHA!! That's hilarious!!!! I HAAAATE mustard, so I don't know if I could ever put it on my face, but somewhere else, definitely!! Thanks for sharing! :) See you soon!!
Haha this made me laugh a little. Burns are the worst. Although mine seem to be healing up pretty well with some stuff called Silverdine, I will definitely remember the mustard thing in case of a bad sunburn. ;)
Post a Comment