Haha, Joanna, this is the third time you've heard this news...
Anyway...I went to a GDA puppy meeting tonight, and talked to the puppy manager (thanks to Joanna's advice! Thanks!) to ask whether Blitz was going in in August or November, just so I could finalize decisions with our vacation in August and, of course, CCI. I REALLY wanted it to be November...One, I'd have him longer! Two, I really wanted to take him on vacation with me! Well, go figure, it's August. *sigh*, I'm SO sad right now. Blitz has really been a momma's boy today, and that's only making it worse! (His way of being a momma's boy is to follow me and STARE constantly. It's actually kinda creepy...) I told a bunch of puppy raisers at the meeting, and they were surprised he's going so early. I subtly tried to talk Louise out of it, (VERY subtly...Ya...Not too brave around her!) just by mentioning how young he'll be, but she just said that he'll be ready. I hope he won't be teased by the other dogs for being the youngest pup in the string! He won't even be seventeen months. This will be my first turn-in, and it'll be hard!!
Now, for the promised update...The phone interview! I think it went REALLY well, I think that all my answers were what they wanted to hear. (And no, I did not stretch the truth or lie! My mom was right there on the other line...I'm sure that if I did stretch the truth even a tiny bit, she would step in.) The only thing that didn't go too well, was that I asked about the whole financial thing. (The puppy raiser pays for all vet bills.) The guy seems pretty concerned that I won't be able to pay for it, though I've assured him that I will. There aren't any puppy raisers around here for CCI, so I would REALLY hope that GDA would still let me be involved. (Puppy meetings!!)
Anyway, in my puppy life, (hmm, only life??) a LOT is changing.
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Good luck with Blitz turn in! You still have a while though... And also good luck with CCI. I hope everything works out for you!
Aww, I'm going to miss Blitz!!! Hopefully GDA will let you hang around though so we can still see you!!! GDA will really miss having you as a raiser!!
Awwwe... recall :( If it is any consolation, 17 months is on the older side for GDB dogs, so apparently they can do really well even if they go into training young! Good luck with the CCI plans! I didn't realize that CCI raisers had to pay for vet bills... I occasionally think about raising for them, but if I have another medically challenged dog like my last I don't think I could afford it!
Awww, go Blitz!! Like Emily said, 17 months is on the older side for GDB..I had a pup go in at 14 months, and he's doing fine. So I think Blitz will do just great. What a compliment to you! Blitz must be fantastic!
kasey,
both of my puppies that made it to turn-in went in at 15 months...so count your blessings :) and the other one was going to go in at just under 17 months, but got cc'd at 14 months. enjoy your last couple months with him, he's such a fun boy!
WOW - so soon! Good luck on turn in. We have to pay for vet bills too. Most vets give reduced costs or even free - so it's not that bad. Good luck with everything. I'm so glad things are really going so well for you!
Post a Comment