Whew, I am SO happy right now. I really feel like God has been opening a lot of doors for me!
First off, I've been thinking a lot about my future. Yes, I'm only fourteen, but I would like to start expirementing to see exactly what field I want to go into. (Something in Special Education.) As I mentioned before, I sent in my application to CCI because I feel that that is more of what I want to get into. (Might be an assistance dog instructor, rather than a guide dog instructor, so I would like to raise assistance dogs.) Well, I was just thinking that if I didn't hear back soon, I would raise another GDA puppy so that I could get a puppy right away rather than wait. (Yes yes, how selfish of me!) But, hooray, I got a call from CCI today to set up a phone interview tomorrow at one thirty!! So I will definately post about how that went.
Also, what is even MORE doors, is that I went to a disabilites ministry volunteer appreciation dinner tonight, (I work with a little girl with downs at Sunday school) and I sat at a table with a speech therapist who works with kids aged 0-3 with developmental disabilities. She invited me to come spend the day with her at work any time, and gave me her card. I also heard a lot more about the different aspects of my churches disability ministry. All in all, I basically met a bunch of people tonight who can tell me a lot more about the different fields and what education to get. Also sitting at my table was a blind woman with her guide dog, Carrine. (I think that's how it was spelled.) Carrine is from GDB, and is about ready to retire. Blitz did really good around her, especally since he wasn't expecting her.
YAY!! I feel SO grateful to God right now...He is so amazing, and I can definately see Him working in my life. School is going better, chores are going better, relationships with friends are going better...I've been trying to put my focus on Him more, and I can definately see now that it wasn't that He was walking away from me, but that I was walking away from Him. Now I'm coming back, and He is definately rewarding me for that. I LOVE GOD!!! YAY!
Pray that my phone interview with CCI goes well!!!
First off, I've been thinking a lot about my future. Yes, I'm only fourteen, but I would like to start expirementing to see exactly what field I want to go into. (Something in Special Education.) As I mentioned before, I sent in my application to CCI because I feel that that is more of what I want to get into. (Might be an assistance dog instructor, rather than a guide dog instructor, so I would like to raise assistance dogs.) Well, I was just thinking that if I didn't hear back soon, I would raise another GDA puppy so that I could get a puppy right away rather than wait. (Yes yes, how selfish of me!) But, hooray, I got a call from CCI today to set up a phone interview tomorrow at one thirty!! So I will definately post about how that went.
Also, what is even MORE doors, is that I went to a disabilites ministry volunteer appreciation dinner tonight, (I work with a little girl with downs at Sunday school) and I sat at a table with a speech therapist who works with kids aged 0-3 with developmental disabilities. She invited me to come spend the day with her at work any time, and gave me her card. I also heard a lot more about the different aspects of my churches disability ministry. All in all, I basically met a bunch of people tonight who can tell me a lot more about the different fields and what education to get. Also sitting at my table was a blind woman with her guide dog, Carrine. (I think that's how it was spelled.) Carrine is from GDB, and is about ready to retire. Blitz did really good around her, especally since he wasn't expecting her.
YAY!! I feel SO grateful to God right now...He is so amazing, and I can definately see Him working in my life. School is going better, chores are going better, relationships with friends are going better...I've been trying to put my focus on Him more, and I can definately see now that it wasn't that He was walking away from me, but that I was walking away from Him. Now I'm coming back, and He is definately rewarding me for that. I LOVE GOD!!! YAY!
Pray that my phone interview with CCI goes well!!!
Also, yesterday was my ONE YEAR anniversary with Blitz. Hard to believe that one year ago he looked like this!!

And now, he looks like THIS.




3 comments:
Aww, Blitz!!!
I'm really excited for you, Kasey!!! If you do end up raising for CCI, you're still more than welcome on our teen outings. :) Please do let us know how the interview goes tomrrow!!
Happy anniversary Kasey and Blitz!!
Good luck on your phone interview, can't wait to know how it went :)
WOW - that's awesome, good luck with the phone interview! HOW NEAT your church has the disability ministries like that.
Post a Comment