Sunday, February 24, 2008

Update

Soooo....I GOT A LAPTOP! Woohoo! I love it. That's what I'm typing on right now. It's an Intel Satellite. SO nice, and I got it for five hundred bucks from Office Depot.

Anyway, here's random pictures from the park a few days ago.







Friday Blitz got left at home while I went to a dress rehearsal for Mock Trial! I am SOO nervous, because the competition is on MONDAY!!! As in, tomorrow!!! The girls on the team are meeting at one of the coaches houses at noon to do hair and makeup, (Not theatrical makeup...That's not allowed. And I don't wear makeup...) and then we're meeting with the rest of the team (Most of the team are guys. We have eleven guys and five girls.) for pizza at 2:30, and then we're meeting at the courthouse at 4:00. The actual competition starts at 5:30. It usually lasts three to four hours...Then we go out to a late dinner (haha, with everything after the actual competition we'll probably go out at around midnight.) then we repeat the process on tuesday. And hopefully thursday. (Finals) Then on friday we're going up to the snow all day for skiing. I really wish I could bring Blitz, but because I'll be skiing there's no way! So, Blitz is going in to the kennels tomorrow morning, and I'll get him back sometime on saturday. (If we don't make it to the finals though, I'll pick him up on wednesday. We should know by then.)

Yesterday, (Saturday) my little brother had a doctor themed birthday. (Ya...strange theme for a six year old. He's an aspiring doctor, and has been since he was about four.) We had a first aid course, (Hard to do in five and six year olds terms.) dissection of various animals, (Starfish, Fish, Frogs, Grasshoppers etc..) microscopic viewing, and of course, cake and ice cream. (BEFORE the dissection, thank goodness.) My dad was going to take his stitches out (That he had to get last week) but decided it was too soon. Blitz was the primary patient for the kids. He's an experienced patient...I let Morgan (the six year old.) and Matthew (the three year old) play doctor on him all the time, and he absolutely LOVES it and actually seeks it out. The vet is always really impressed at how still he holds for examinations.

Here's pictures!!

Pre-party-picture



Matthew playing with Blitz.





Had to add these two!

Listening to the first aid course...



Matthew holding Benjamen, the baby!

5 comments:

Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

Ahhh all of them are soo cute! And that's awesome that your little brother plays "doctor" with Blitz, what a great way for him to get regular handling.

Brittany said...

Great pictures! I love the ones with Blitz in his Hospital Gown!

GDA LAB said...

Oh my gosh, this is the cutest blog entry ever and the pictures... well they just say a thousand words.

Alisa said...

just wanted to say congrats on mock trial...sarah (do you guys have to call her mrs. winkle?)told me you guys were great!!

adorable pictures!

Sarah said...

Great pictures! Blitz is such a patient boy!